Hello all you sassy librarians! I hope you had a lovely weekend and a brunch-tastic Mother's Day!
We have a couple of fun things to share:
- Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City by Guy Delisle, which won the Best Comic Book Award this year at Angoulème, was recently featured in School Library Journal's Adult Books 4 Teens column! They said,
"This is a rounded, insightful way to explore and become acquainted with how history, culture, ritual, and human emotions shape and misshape a storied part of the world most Americans know only through politically charged news accounts. [...] Delicate and detailed cartoons inhabit mostly small and always bounded panels, with color accents highlighting sounds, sunsets, and points on the maps Delisle mentions to clarify how locations are connected–and disconnected–in the contemporary Middle East."
- BRING UP THE BODIES, sequel to Hilary Mantel's 2009 Man Booker Prize winner WOLF HALL, came out last week and according to McNally Jackson Books in NYC, it's quite popular...
- Did you see the big Chelsea Cain news?!
- Class act Lisa Scottoline talks about her writing process in The New York Times Business Day (link).
- Interested in the book jacket art process? Check out Minotaur Books' new tumblr, http://minotaurart.tumblr.com/.
- And finally, this tweet: