Hello genre readers! Let’s add a little love to our lives! Rom-coms are the perfect blend of heart and humor, and today’s Genre For All round-up features several forthcoming romantic comedies that are just the pick-me-up you may need. THE WRONG MR. DARCY by Evelyn Lozada with Holly Lörincz Pride and Prejudice meets basketball + […]
It’s not a holiday without an overload of food! Whether you are cooking for yourself, for a group, or with a group, these cookbooks have all the delicious recipes you’ll need for a successful holiday season. TASTING TABLE COOKING WITH FRIENDS: Recipes for Modern Entertaining by Geoff Bartakovics and Todd Coleman This menu-based cookbook makes […]
The best part of the holiday season is all the great eatin’! For all of you hosts out there (or those just wanting to treat themselves), these cookbooks have all the delicious recipes you’ll need! HOLIDAY SLOW COOKER: 100 Incredible and Festive Recipes for Every Celebration by Leigh Anne Wilkes Create fantastic holiday fare with […]
Oh what a lovely day for a #BookBday! THE ITALIAN PARTY by Christina Lynch An April 2018 Indie Next Pick & one of Library Journal‘s Best Spring/Summer 2018 Debut Novels! “In her gracefully written debut, as effervescent as spumante, Lynch dramatizes the allure and power of secrets—in politics and marriage—while depicting with sly humor the […]
Mother’s Day is coming up! Find inspiration for homemade gifts in the pages of these new craft books: CREATE YOUR OWN COLLAGE: Cut, Color, and Paste Your Way to Fabulous Artworks and More by Lizzie Lees Packed with both colorful patterned pages and black and white printed pages that can be cut out, colored in, […]
Each Tuesday, we love to wish our books a very happy #BookBday. Today is extra special because we've got the treats to back it up! Anne is entering a baking competition at work next week and decided to do a test run of her Halloween desserts: Pumpkin Granola Truffles and Halloweeny Boo Bites. We hope you'll enjoy them too–they're very easy to make and you don't even have to turn on your oven! Read on for recipes with pictures!
**Warning: tearjerker post ahead! Do not proceed without kleenex!**
It grieves me to tell you that I will no longer be posting news, giveaways, and cat videos here for you come September. I've accepted a position at Tor working on titles from the Tor Teen and Starscape imprints.
It's been an honor discussing books and baby animals with you all. Thank you for your kindness, silliness, and enthusiasm. Please, please stay in touch!
And now I shall pass the torch to Anne Spieth, Assistant Library Marketing Manager extraordinaire!
Hello Library Land!
My name is Anne Spieth and I’m thrilled to be joining Talia’s team and working with all of you. If this was a pageant and I was asked to describe myself, I would say that:
1) I’m a voracious reader (I read mostly fiction and love mysteries but most of all I just want a compelling story. I am currently reading HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN by Louise Penny and INSURGENT by Veronica Roth).
2) I’m from Tucson, AZ (shout out to all the Pima County Librarians!).
3) I worked at Barnes & Noble for 7 years (I worked in every department starting in the café and can still make a mean macchiato) and have worked in publishing for 5 years at both Macmillan and Simon & Schuster doing marketing, publicity, and design.
4) I love to bake (hopefully most of you will experience my baking at one point or another).
5) I love music (I played flute and trumpet and did marching band in high school and college).
6) I have tattoos and occasionally wear glasses.
7) I love all things small and cuddly (current obsession: my NYC bestie’s cat Louie).
I’m pretty sure you can see why Talia hired me. I love meeting new people and making connections, so please don’t hesitate to email or call me at any time. I look forward to working with all of you and hopefully meeting many of you in person in the coming months!
Anne giving Ali a delicious compost cookie (recipe here) she baked.