Congratulations to Macmillan’s 2022 Locus Awards Finalists! SCIENCE FICTION NOVEL THE ECHO WIFE by Sarah Gailey A DESOLATION CALLED PEACE by Arkady MartineYOU SEXY THING by Cat RamboHUMMINGBIRD SALAMANDER by Jeff VanderMeer FANTASY NOVEL LIGHT FROM UNCOMMON STARS by Ryka AokiTHE WITNESS FOR THE DEAD by Katherine AddisonUNDER THE WHISPERING DOOR by TJ KluneSOULSTAR by C.L. […]
Congratulations to Macmillan’s 2021 Locus Awards Finalists and Winners! SCIENCE FICTION NOVEL ATTACK SURFACE by Cory DoctorowUNCONQUERABLE SUN by Kate ElliottTHE RELENTLESS MOON by Mary Robinette KowalTHE LAST EMPEROX by John ScalziNETWORK EFFECT by Martha Wells–WINNERINTERLIBRARY LOAN by Gene Wolfe FANTASY NOVEL THE ANGEL OF THE CROWS by Katherine AddisonPIRANESI by Susanna ClarkeHARROW THE NINTH […]
Congratulations to our 2020 Locus Award winners! Science FictionTHE CITY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT by Charlie Jane Anders FantasyMIDDLEGAME by Seanan McGuire First NovelGIDEON THE NINTH by Tamsyn Muir Click here to see the rest of this year’s nominees and winners. […]
The Locus Science Fiction Foundation has announced the top ten finalists in each category of the 2017 Locus Awards and Macmillan has a strong showing! Best Science Fiction Novel COMPANY TOWN by Madeline Ashby DEATH’S END by Cixin Liu LAST YEAR by Robert Charles Wilson Best Fantasy Novel ALL THE BIRDS IN THE SKY by […]
Happy Monday, friends! This is a short week for me as I'm heading off on vacation starting Thursday. Let's jump into a little Macmillany goodness to get your week started, shall we?
- Congratulations to 2013 Locus Award finalists John Scalzi, author of REDSHIRTS which is up for Best Science Fiction Novel, Mary Robinette Kowal, author of GLAMOUR IN GLASS which is up for Best Fantasy Novel (I recommended this series in Uncharted Pages!), and Gardner Dozois, editor of The Year’s Best Science Fiction: Twenty-ninth Annual Collection up for Best Anthology!
We're also delighted to see that Tor.com is a finalist for Best Magazine and Tor Books has been nominated for Best Publisher! And while we're at it, a hearty applause for Tor Teen author Cory Doctorow and Mac Kids author Catherynne M. Valente who are nominated for awards as well. See the full list of Locus finalists here.
- We would also like to point you in the direction of Doug Lord's latest (and dare I say, greatest?) selections for Library Journal's Books for Dudes column, "A Simple Murder, Wool, and The Human Division."
- And last, but not even close to least, actually closer to most—a basket full of puppy:
So, should we get a bigger basket? Maybe more puppies? Both? twitter.com/EmergencyPuppy…
— Emergency Cute Stuff (@EmergencyPuppy) April 29, 2013
Locus Magazine just named Tom Doherty "Best Publisher" for the 25th year in a row! Naturally Tor had to have a party, but what's a party without a massive celebratory poster? Answer: not a party I want to go to. So Emily in Academic Marketing rolled up her sleeves and got to work using the masterful poster-painting skills she honed over years as a camp counselor. I stepped up as the unofficial/unnecessary/unqualified supervisor/paparazzo/hoverer.
Watch the magic unfold:
And finally... voilà!
It's a Monday morning Macmillan party and you're invited, my friend!
- Can you believe it? ALA Annual is almost here! Add our events to your schedule now: The Great Non-Fiction Read-Alike! Book Battle II: The Sequel! Author signings! Glitter stars! Tea!
- The Locus Award winners were announced this weekend and we're delighted to see that Ellen Datlow was awarded Best Editor and Tor was awarded Best Publisher—woohoo! See all of the 2012 Locus Award winners here.
- The LA Times published their extensive 2012 Summer Reading Guide including some excellent picks from Macmillan including:
History and Biography Reads:
Young Adult & Children:
This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
- For those of you curious about the inner workings of Macmillan, you may be interested in reading "Reorganization at Verlagsgruppe Georg von Holtzbrinck."
- And finally, can somebody get this pup a sandwich already?!
Locus Magazine has announced their 2011 Locus Award-nominees! Look at all this amazing work from Tor and St. Martin's Press:
THE SORCERER'S HOUSE
SHADES OF MILK AND HONEY
Mary Robinette Kowal
THE QUANTUM THIEF
“The Mystery Knight”
George R.R. Martin (WARRIORS)
THE YEAR'S BEST SCIENCE FICTION: TWENTY-SEVENTH ANNUAL COLLECTION
Gardner Dozois, ed.
George R.R. Martin & Gardner Dozois, eds.
Robert A. Heinlein: In Dialogue with His Century: Volume 1: 1907-1948: Learning Curve
William H. Patterson, Jr.
Congratulations are also in order for David G. Hartwell, nominated in the Editor category, Tor, nominated in the Publisher category, and Tor.com, nominated in the Magazine category!