Happy Monday, librarians!
It's a brand new year and if you're anything like me you've probably resolved to keep on top of your advanced reading. In an effort to help make that even easier I'm going to talk a little about our favorite new resource, Edelweiss.
You might already know that our digital catalogs are hosted on Edelweiss now, but you might not know that there are also e-galleys hosted there just waiting to be downloaded. If you're a current librarian in the United States and interested in being pre-approved* to download all of our e-galleys, please follow these steps:
1. Register for Edelweiss with your library-issued e-mail address.
2. Send Anne a note that includes the e-mail address you registered with, your full name, and your current library (subject: Edelweiss).
*Whitelisting is only available to adult and teen librarians currently employed in the U.S.
So easy! Then I'll forward your request and let you know when you're all hooked up.
For those of you already whitelisted we have a few recommendations for you listed below. And for those of you on the fence maybe one of these upcoming titles will entice you into signing up!
Get started with our recommendations (updated May 14, 2014):
- THE CITY UNDER THE SKIN by Geoff Nicholson
- THAT SUMMER by Lauren Willig
- SAVE THE DATE by Mary Kay Andrews
- CARSICK by John Waters
- CALIFORNIA BONES by Greg Van Eekhout
- BRUTAL YOUTH by Anthony Breznican
- THE BAKLAVA CLUB by Jason Goodwin
- COWBOYS AND INDIES: The Epic History of the Record Industry by Gareth Murphy
- HOW TO TELL TOLEDO FROM THE NIGHT SKY by Lydia Netzer
- HIGH AS THE HORSES' BRIDLES by Scott Cheshire
- EMERALDS INCLUDED by Betsy Woodman
- THE DEAD WILL TELL by Linda Castillo
- LANDLINE by Rainbow Rowell
- THE BONE ORCHARD by Paul Doiron
- THE SPARK AND THE DRIVE by Wayne Harrison
- LAST TO KNOW by Elizabeth Adler
- THE FORTUNE HUNTER by Daisy Goodwin
- A COLDER WAR by Charles Cumming
- THE BIRTH OF KOREAN COOL by Euny Hong
- SMALL BLESSINGS by Martha Woodroof
- I'LL BE RIGHT BACK AFTER THIS by Pat O'Brien
- DON'T LOOK BACK by Gregg Hurwitz
- LOCK IN by John Scalzi
- SUMMER OF THE DEAD by Julia Keller
- LILA by Marilynne Robinson
- RECKONING by Kerry Wilkinson
- PUSH GIRL by Chelsie Hill & Jessica Love
- COMPLICIT by Stephanie Kuehn
- SPIRITS OF ASH AND FOAM by Greg Weisman
- DIRTY WINGS by Sarah McCarry
- DEADLY LITTLE SINS by Kara Taylor
- HOW TO FALL by Jane Casey
If your account is already whitelisted for our titles, hit this link to access a list of all of our currently available e-galley downloads (To find all Macmillan e-galleys, simply choose “Macmillan” under the “Refine by Publisher” tab on the left and hit the “Update” button. If you’re having problems, make sure you are logged in and that you’ve selected “View titles I May Download or Request” in the upper left corner. Otherwise, the page will say “No titles met this criteria.”).