Happy Friday, friends! Check our favorite movie and television adaptations: Movie Mania! DELIVER US FROM EVIL: A New York City Cop Investigates the Supernatural by Ralph Sarchie and Lisa Collier Cool The terrifying true story of a sixteen-year NYPD veteran investigating demonic possession and exorcism in NYC is now a major Jerry Bruckheimer summer blockbuster […]
What's that you say? You're not on Twitter? BIG MISTAKE! These monthly chats are an exceptional way to hear about which galleys other librarians are reading, have read, or plan to read and what made them pick up those books. It's the perfect first look at forthcoming titles.
A few excellent, upcoming Macmillan titles were discussed yesterday. I'll highlight a few for you here:
GRANDDAD, THERE'S A HEAD ON THE BEACH by Colin Cotterill
SO DAMN LUCKY by Deborah Coonts
GLAMOUR IN GLASS by Mary Robinette Kowal
MIDNIGHT IN AUSTENLAND by Shannon Hale
The next EarlyWord Galley Chat is on February 7th. And if you're looking for news on teen titles, you're in luck! The folks at EarlyWord are adding an EarlyWord YA Galley Chat starting February 14th (hashtag #ewYAgc).
Yesterday's AAP Librarians' Sneak Peek Book Preview was the perfect way to spend a rainy Wednesday!
Of the titles I presented (see below), THE INQUISITOR, THREATS, TRIGGERED, and MIDNIGHT IN AUSTENLAND prompted the strongest audience reactions (mostly ooo's, ewww's, and oh my's!). Join the conversation on Twitter with hashtag: #aapbookbuzz!
- LOVE IN A NUTSHELL | Evanovich, Janet | 978-0-312-65131-2
- COME HOME | Scottoline, Lisa | 978-0-312-38082-3
- HOME FRONT | Hannah, Kristin | 978-0-312-57720-9
- ANOTHER PIECE OF MY HEART | Green, Jane | 978-0-312-59182-3
- THE INQUISITOR | Smith, Mark Allen | 978-0-8050-9426-8
- AVAILABLE DARK | Hand, Elizabeth | 978-0-312-58594-5
- HEART OF A KILLER | Rosenfelt, David | 978-0-312-59837-2
- ASHES TO DUST | Sigurdardottir, Yrsa | 978-0-312-64174-0; 978-1-250-00493-2
- CLOUDLAND | Olshan, Joseph | 978-1-250-00017-0
- THE MAN FROM PRIMROSE LANE | Renner, James | 978-0-374-20095-4
- THREATS | Gray, Amelia | 978-0-374-53307-6
- THE CAT SITTER’S PAJAMAS | Clement, Blaize | 978-0-312-64313-3
- NO COOPERATION FROM THE CAT | Babson, Marian | 978-0-312-33240-2
- GYPSY BOY | Walsh, Mikey | 978-0-312-62208-4 (YA crossover)
- TRIGGERED | Wortmann, Fletcher | 978-0-312-62210-7 (YA crossover)
- THE STARBOARD SEA | Dermont, Amber | 978-0-312-64280-8 (YA crossover)
- HEMLOCK GROVE | McGreevy, Brian | 978-0-374-53291-8 (YA crossover)
- JOE GOLEM AND THE DROWNING CITY | Mignola, Mike | 978-0-312-64473-4 (YA crossover)
- MIDNIGHT IN AUSTENLAND | Hale, Shannon | 978-1-60819-625-8
- THE DARKENING FIELD | Ryan, William | 978-0-312-58651-5
- CHILDREN OF WRATH | Grossman, Paul | 978-0-312-60191-1
BOOKS FOR TEENS | See info under Books for Teens
There should be a partial recording of the event out soon (unfortunately, there were some technical difficulties near the end), so stay tuned!
We owe a big thanks to Becca of the AAP and Erica at Random House for putting the event together and to all the librarians that came out and joined us!