It's a Monday morning Macmillan party and you're invited, my friend!
- Can you believe it? ALA Annual is almost here! Add our events to your schedule now: The Great Non-Fiction Read-Alike! Book Battle II: The Sequel! Author signings! Glitter stars! Tea!
- The Locus Award winners were announced this weekend and we're delighted to see that Ellen Datlow was awarded Best Editor and Tor was awarded Best Publisher—woohoo! See all of the 2012 Locus Award winners here.
- The LA Times published their extensive 2012 Summer Reading Guide including some excellent picks from Macmillan including:
A Lady Cyclist's Guide to Kashgar by Suzanne Joinson
Monarch Beach by Anita Hughes
The Nightmare by Lars Kepler
The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer
History and Biography Reads:
Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel
Our Divided Political Heart by E.J. Dionne Jr.
A Good Man by Mark K. Shriver
James Joyce by Gordon Bowker
Young Adult & Children:
This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
Bring It! by Tony Horton
The Gift of Pets by Bruce R. Coston
Meander by Jeremy Seal
What a Plant Knows by Daniel Chamovitz
The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
- For those of you curious about the inner workings of Macmillan, you may be interested in reading "Reorganization at Verlagsgruppe Georg von Holtzbrinck."
- And finally, can somebody get this pup a sandwich already?!
See you in Anaheim!