My name is Emily Day and I’ve just joined the Macmillan Library Marketing team as the Library Marketing Assistant & YA Specialist! Here are some fun facts about me:
1) I’m always reading. I have a Master of Arts in Children’s Literature, so I tend to gravitate more towards books for kids and teens, but I also like reading autobiographies and adult fiction.
2) I’m originally from Michigan, but I’ve also lived in Indiana, Singapore, Boston, and now NYC!
3) I worked at an independent bookstore in Boston called Trident Booksellers and Cafe, where I spent my days surrounded by books and tea and the best French toast you’ve ever had.
4) My preferred form of exercise is running. I will often listen to books or podcasts during longer, more grueling, runs.
5) I love travel! I studied abroad in Ireland during college and I used to be a fourth grade teacher at an international school in Singapore.
I’m so excited to be working with Talia and Anne! Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions and I look forward to meet you all in the near future!