It's May! The sun is out, the cherry blossoms are exploding, and BookExpo America is just a few short weeks away so it's time to take a look at all of our fantastic BEA events for librarians.
Wednesday, May 29th
Please dine with us at the AAP's Annual BEA Librarians* Dinner (6:30pm, Yale Club) with Erica Jong, author of FEAR OF FLYING. Request a seat by May 10th. UPDATE: this event is SOLD OUT, but you can still get on the waiting list.
*Please note: there's also a dinner for childrens' librarians; info on the same page.
Thursday, May 30th
Don't miss Library Family Feud™ (10:00am, Javits Center Room 1E11) is a veritable battle of wits between a team of librarians and a team of authors who go at it Family Feud™ style. Hosted by AAP Library Committee Chair Chris Vaccari, Director of Library Marketing for Sterling Publishing Co. (a.k.a. Quizmaster Chris!).
Dine with us again at the AAP's BEA Librarians Author Lunch (12:15pm, Javits Center Room 1E14-1E15) with Louise Penny, author of the Chief Inspector Gamache novels. UPDATE: this event is SOLD OUT, but you can still get on the waiting list.
Come listen to the AAP's Annual Librarians Book Buzz (2:15pm, Javits Center Room 1E16) with our very own Ali Fisher talking all about our forthcoming titles.
Thursday's Adult Signings & Giveaways in Booth 1557:
- 9:30am Author Signing: Alice McDermott signing SOMEONE
- Galley Giveaway: BITTER RIVER by Julia Keller
- 10:00am Galley Giveaway: THE EDGE OF NORMAL by Carla Norton
- 10:30am Audio Galley Giveaway: FLAT WATER TUESDAY by Ron Irwin
- 11:30am Author Signing: Michael Pocalyko signing THE NAVIGATOR
- 2:00pm Author Signing: Lisa Scottoline signing ACCUSED
- Galley Giveaway: ASK BOB by Peter Gethers
- 3:00pm Galley Giveaway: LOOKAWAY, LOOKAWAY* by Wilton Barnhardt
- 3:30pm Galley Giveaway: THE INCREMENTALISTS by Steven Brust
- 4:00pm Author Signing: Amy Grace Loyd signing THE AFFAIRS OF OTHERS
Friday, May 31st
The 4th Annual Librarian Shout 'n Share (3:30pm, Javits Center Room 1E11) will highlight the best show floor finds! Hosted by Alene Moroni (King County Library System—WA) with panelists Angela Carstensen (Convent of the Sacred Heart—NY, Adult Books 4 Teens—School Library Journal), Douglas Lord (CT State Library, Books for Dudes—Library Journal), Robin Nesbitt (Columbus Metro Library—OH), and Kaite Stover (Kansas City Public Library—MO).
We're gonna need a bigger Shout 'n Share at #BEA13. I have too much stuff to choose from.
— KaiteStover (@MarianLiberryan) May 7, 2013
Friday's Adult Signings & Giveaways in Booth 1557:
- 9:30am Galley Giveaway: HOW TO BE A GOOD WIFE by Emma Chapman
- 10:00am Audio Galley Giveaway: CLOSE MY EYES by Sophie McKenzie
- 10:30am Author Signing: Louise Penny signing HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN
- 11:00am Galley Giveaway: THE WITCH OF LITTLE ITALY by Suzanne Palmieri
- 11:30am Author Signing: Rainbow Rowell signing FANGIRL
- Galley Giveaway: THE DOGS OF CHRISTMAS by W. Bruce Cameron
- UPDATE: 2:00pm Galley Giveaway: HILD by Nicola Griffith
- 2:30pm Galley Giveaway: HAVISHAM by Ronald Frame
- 3:00pm Galley Giveaway: NECESSARY LIES by Diane Chamberlain
Check back here for updates and we'll see you in NYC this month!
— Norton Library Mktg (@WWNortonLibrary) April 4, 2013
*Kirkus Reviews released their BEA Special Supplement PDF, available for download now, to help you find some of their top picks on the show floor. The very first title is our LOOKAWAY, LOOKAWAY (see above) and that's only one of the many excellent Macmillan selections they've made. We recommend you take a look at their guide now!
Please note: our April newsletter had an incorrect booth number; the correct number is 1557!
If you have an appointment with us, we'll see you in meeting room 3221