Here are our top titles for October 2018: Bestsellers: THE DEAD RINGER by M.C. Beaton THE DICHOTOMY OF LEADERSHIP: Balancing the Challenges of Extreme Ownership to Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin THE DREAM DAUGHTER by Diane Chamberlain (October LibraryReads pick!) THE FLAME: Poems Notebooks Lyrics Drawings by Leonard Cohen FULL DISCLOSURE by Stormy Daniels […]
Tag: Agatha Raisin
Beer, Bell Ringers +A Booklist Starred Review (10/4/18)
Beer, [Dead] Bell ringers, and a Booklist starred review! It’s time for #thrillerthursday, y’all! ZERO SUM GAME by S.L. Huang Library Journal Best Fall Debut 2 starred reviews! “This hard-to-put-down, action-packed sf debut is intelligent and entertaining. With Cas, Huang has created an indelible, flawed character who makes mathematics seem almost magical.” — Library Journal, starred […]
Thriller Thursday (10/5/17 Edition)
Cosmic horror! Agatha Raisin! Murder in a brewery! Here’s what we’re reading this #ThrillerThursday: WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST READ by David Wong “Wong’s wildly mind-bending third installment (after THIS BOOK IS FULL OF SPIDERS) of the adventures of protagonist David Wong is filled with the humorous horror readers have come to expect. While […]
Thriller Thursday (9/15/16 Edition)
Historical mysteries, a spy thriller, and a tropical debut get our #ThrillerThursday stamp of approval: THE SECRETS OF WISHTIDE by Kate Saunders A September 2016 LibraryReads pick with two starred reviews! “Combining the strengths of Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple and M. C. Beaton’s Agatha Raisin, Laetitia Rodd towers over both of these genteel sleuths in […]
Oh My (Mystery) Stars!
The *stars* are piling up for these six outstanding mysteries: BECAUSE I’M WATCHING by Christina Dodd — THREE STARS! “Dodd continues her flawless pivoting from romance to suspense with the third book in her riveting series set in the small Washington town of Virtue Falls. Scary, sexy, and smartly written, BECAUSE I’M WATCHING is Dodd at […]
Agatha Raisin’s on TV!
If you don’t know M.C. Beaton‘s feisty, gloriously non-pc PR maven-turned-amateur sleuth, Agatha Raisin, you should. She solves many a murder (and falls desperately for many a man) in the cozy Cotswold village of Carsely, which isn’t quite as peaceful as it seems. Readers familiar with Agatha’s adventures can now watch them on the small […]
For Your Consideration: September 2016 LibraryReads Titles
Download, read, and nominate your favorite titles for the September 2016* LibraryReads list! *Nominations are due July 20! Click here for the full list of 2016 deadlines. HERE I AM by Jonathan Safran Foer THREE starred reviews! Foer’s “intensely imagined and richly rewarding”* new novel focuses on the unraveling of a Jewish-American family in Washington […]
Tuesday Fun Day! (9/25/2012 Edition)
Happy Tuesday, all!
- Tupelo Hassman's debut GIRLCHILD has been shortlisted for the 2012 Flaherty-Dunnan First Novel Prize! This prize, awarded by The Center for Fiction and the American Booksellers Association, is awarded to the best debut novel of the year. The winner will be announced on December 11th, 2012 at the Center for Fiction Annual Benefit & Awards Dinner. See all of the nominees here.
- We're celebrating 20 years of small-town Mysteries starring feisty amateur sleuth Agatha Raisin! Reviews for M.C. Beaton's latest (ehem, twenty-third!) Raisin Mystery, HISS AND HERS, praise Beaton for continued quality and fun in her long-running cozy series.
"Kudos to 20 years of sleuthing for Agatha Raisin, a standard-bearer for the cozy." -Library Journal
"This well-written series is still going strong and will appeal to fans of Sue Ann Jaffarian and Mary Daheim." -Booklist
Sign in to our Mystery community site CriminalElement.com to read an excerpt and enter to win the entire twenty-two volume set of Agatha Raisin Mysteries!
- Looking for the next 50 SHADES OF GREY read-alike? Try ANYTHING HE WANTS from from self-published phenomenon Sara Fawkes! The popular e-series will be available in a single paperback in November from St. Martin's Press. Read about the acquisition.
- There's news on the e-book lending front: "Macmillan Poised to Test Library E-book Model." (via Publishers Weekly)
- And your cat needs one of these: