Happy Monday, librarians!
- Congratulations to Deborah Baker-Receniello of the Oakville Timberland Library who won our Jackie Collins "Pink" Collection giveaway. Enjoy!
- Register now for Library Journal's Spring Adult Book Buzz. I'll be telling you all about some of our hottest upcoming titles! Details here.
- A reminder to those librarians who didn't make it to PLA this year: Talia's book buzz slides are hosted here on the blog (link).
- And finally check this questionably bada** "library rap" brought to you by MC Poindexter and The Study Crew, the SciFi channel, and Sliders.Read more
Thanks to everyone who stopped by the our booth!. We hope you walked away with a book or two (or three!) that will double your pulse, triple your reading speed, and keep you up hours after bedtime.
If you didn't make it to the book buzz or need a refresher, Talia's slides are posted here.
We hope to see you all again later this year at TLA, ALA Annual, or BEA!
Your favorite book angels (Talia, Peter, & Ali)!
We're off to PLA on Tuesday, so this will be our last post until next Monday. If you're also going to be in Philly this week, please stop by our booth (#1540) and join us for our many wonderful author signings and events! We want to see you! See our full PLA schedule under Conference Info.
And take a peek at Talia's slides for the Book Buzz presentations with Nancy Pearl (link).
While we're away, take a minute to enter the Jackie Collins "Pink" Collection Giveaway for a chance to win some excellent signed Jackie Collins books and audio books!
Three of our excellent titles were longlisted for the Orange Prize for Fiction: HALF-BLOOD BLUES by Esi Edugyan, TIDES OF WAR by Stella Tillyard, and THE SUBMISSION by Amy Waldman! See the full longlist here.
Take another look at the letter we posted last week from author and librarian Eleanor Kuhns to librarians (link). Also, our buddies at Minotaur Books are running an A SIMPLE MURDER Advance Readers' Edition Sweepstakes right now! Enter here for a chance to win a galley.Read more
Happy Fat Tuesday, librarians!
We wish you many pancakes and much mischief on this day.
- If you're Philadelphia-bound next month for the Public Library Association Conference (PLA), we posted our full schedule of events under Conference Info. RSVP to the author events now!
- Malice Domestic has announced the 2011 Agatha Award nominees and there are some excellent titles that made their list. Take a look!
- The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America have also announced a list of nominees, in their case for the 2011 Nebula Awards! I am particularly excited to see Jo Walton's AMONG OTHERS nominated for Best Novel. See the full list here!Read more
If you're Philadelphia-bound next month for the Public Library Association Conference, we have some excellent events for you. So whip out those agendas; here's the lineup:
WEDNESDAY March 14th, 10:30AM - 12PM, TBA
Librarian of the Year Nancy Pearl, our lovely Talia, and several other publishing reps will be kicking off the conference with a discussion about some of the best upcoming books for adults. Get the inside scoop from an all-star team of panelists as they discuss which titles you'll want to keep your eye on.
WEDNESDAY March 14th, 4PM - 6:30PM, booth #1540
THURSDAY March 15th, 10:45AM - 12PM, Philadelphia Convention Center room 120 ABC
Meet Kira Peikoff (LIVING PROOF) and other exceptional debut authors during the AAP/Library Journal "The Best in 2012 Debuts!" author panel.
*Don't forget to pick up your complimentary signed copy of LIVING PROOF!
THURSDAY March 15th, 2:30PM, booth #1540
Jane Cleland will be signing copies of her latest mystery, DOLLED UP FOR MURDER, and Hank Phillippi Ryan will be signing chapter excerpts from her latest crime novel, THE OTHER WOMAN. Come say hi!
THURSDAY March 15th, 3:30PM - 5PM, Booklist's booth
Macmillan Mystery authors Lars Kepler (THE NIGHTMARE), Hank Phillippi Ryan (THE OTHER WOMAN), Kira Peikoff (LIVING PROOF), Kathleen George (SIMPLE), Lou Manfredo (RIZZO'S DAUGHTER), Solomon Jones (THE GRAVEDIGGER'S BALL), and Jane Cleland (DOLLED UP FOR MURDER) will be chillin' out in the Booklist booth to chat with other authors and attendees. Join them!
FRIDAY March 16th, 10:45AM - 12PM, Philadelphia Convention Center room 121 ABC
Meet Lars Kepler, pseudonymous co-authors of THE NIGHTMARE, and other bestselling Mystery writers during the AAP/Library Journal "Mystery Authors Revealed!" panel hosted by our very own Talia!
*Don't forget to pick up your complimentary signed copy of Lars Kepler's debut, THE HYPNOTIST!
And finally, please swing by booth #1540 any time you're on the show floor. We'll be giving away some excellent galleys and we're always up for a chat.Read more