It's Monday, people! Wake up and read the following...
- Read The New Yorker's profile on Hilary Mantel, "The Dead are Real."
- Read the following quote from Susan Sontag that Picador recently featured on their tumblr:
Harriet said something very striking yesterday, apropos of Sam W.’s enormous library, that collecting books in that way was “like marrying someone in order to sleep with him.”
- Also, PUPPY IN A BOWL!Read more
Hello all you sassy librarians! I hope you had a lovely weekend and a brunch-tastic Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day to all you bookish moms out there. May you get some good reading done.— Picador Paperbacks (@PicadorUSA) May 13, 2012
We have a couple of fun things to share:
- Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City by Guy Delisle, which won the Best Comic Book Award this year at Angoulème, was recently featured in School Library Journal's Adult Books 4 Teens column! They said,
"This is a rounded, insightful way to explore and become acquainted with how history, culture, ritual, and human emotions shape and misshape a storied part of the world most Americans know only through politically charged news accounts. [...] Delicate and detailed cartoons inhabit mostly small and always bounded panels, with color accents highlighting sounds, sunsets, and points on the maps Delisle mentions to clarify how locations are connected–and disconnected–in the contemporary Middle East."
You people are buying more Mantel than we can hantel.— McNally Jackson (@mcnallyjackson) May 10, 2012
- Did you see the big Chelsea Cain news?!
- Class act Lisa Scottoline talks about her writing process in The New York Times Business Day (link).
- Interested in the book jacket art process? Check out Minotaur Books' new tumblr, http://minotaurart.tumblr.com/.
- And finally, this tweet:
Donate to my Kickstarter. We are building a cat spaceship to get to Saturn— Cat_ebooks (@Cat_ebooks) May 14, 2012
Graphic novel readers, rejoice! Drawn & Quarterly has some exciting new comics coming out this year. Here's a quick look at the schedule:
Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City